What is Python in simple wordings?
- on Feb 11, 2023
What is Python programming language?
What is Python? Python is a high-level, interpreted, general-purpose programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum and was first released in 1991. Python is known for its clear syntax and readability, making it a popular choice for beginners and experienced programmers.
The language is designed to be easy to learn and write and can be used for many tasks, including web development, scientific computing, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and more. Python is an open-source language, meaning that its source code is freely available to the public, and can be used, modified, and distributed by anyone.
A simple home automaton can be done with the help of Python which is easy-to-develop simple software by everyone with very little coding or no coding knowledge.
Who can write Python code?
Anyone can write Python code! Python is a language that is designed to be accessible to people with a wide range of backgrounds and skill levels, so whether you’re a beginner or an experienced programmer, you can use Python to build your own programs and applications. The language’s syntax is straightforward and easy to understand, making it an excellent choice for people who are just starting to learn to code, as well as for those who are looking for a more concise and readable alternative to other programming languages.
Additionally, there is a wealth of resources and support available for Python users, including online tutorials, forums, and documentation, which can help you get up and running with the language quickly and easily. So if you’re interested in learning how to write code in Python, you don’t need to have any prior experience or expertise in programming to get started!
A sample Python code to multiply two numbers
Here’s a simple Python code that takes two numbers as input and multiplies them:
num1 = int(input("Enter the first number: ")) num2 = int(input("Enter the second number: ")) result = num1 * num2 print("The result is:", result)
The output of this simple code is,
Enter the first number: 5
Enter the second number: 6
The result is: 30
When you run this code, it will prompt you to enter the two numbers, and then it will multiply them and print the result to the console or Python command window.
In this code, the
input function is used to read input from the user. The input function returns a string, so we use the
int function to convert the string to an integer. The
, in the
How do I start with Python?
Getting started with Python is easy and accessible! Here are a few steps you can follow to start writing and running your own Python code:
- Install a Python interpreter: You’ll need a Python interpreter to run your Python code. You can download an interpreter from the official Python website (https://www.python.org/downloads/).
- Choose an Integrated Development Environment (IDE): An IDE is a software application that provides a comprehensive environment for coding, debugging, and testing. Some popular IDEs for Python include PyCharm, IDLE, and Visual Studio Code. IDLE is the default IDE integrated with Python interpreter, you could use it for your application development.
- Read the Python documentation: The official Python documentation (https://docs.python.org/3/) is a great resource for learning the language. Start by reading the tutorial and then move on to the library reference.
- Write your first program: Start with a simple program that prints “Hello, World!” to the console. This will give you an idea of how to write and run a Python program.
- Experiment with Python: Try writing some simple programs to get a feel for the language. You can work through tutorials and examples, or try writing your own programs to solve problems you’re interested in.